International Applicants

International Students – How to Apply

The Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences welcomes applications from International Students. Further information in relation to specific Application Processes and requirements as well as Course fees relevant to individual cases can be accessed by:

  • Emailing and our Admissions Officer Caroline Finn will be available to answer your questions.
  • Call +353 61 216288 if you wish to speak directly to a member of the Admissions team.

Applicants will be required to submit the following

Undergraduate Applicants

  • A completed Online Application Form
  • A copy of the picture page of your passport
  • Official translation of high school transcripts
  • Evidence of English language proficiency, a C in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or equivalent (e.g. IELTS/TOEFL, Duolingo)

Postgraduate Applicants

  • A completed Online Application Form
  • A copy of the picture page of your passport
  • An official copy of the student’s transcripts
  • Evidence of English language proficiency B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or equivalent (e.g. IELTS/TOEFL, Duolingo)

International Students

Students requiring a visa to study in Ireland

Applying for full-time study in Ireland as a Non-EU citizen is straightforward. Prior to applying to ICHAS please make sure that you are in a position to fulfill the Irish Student Visa requirements before making your application to ICHAS College.

For full information on visa requirements for study in Ireland, check out the Irish Immigration Website . Evidence of Financial Requirements for international students, please check out their student finances page

To begin a visa application please click here

Where do I apply for an Irish study visa? 

For students who do need a visa to enter Ireland, it is recommended that you contact the Irish Embassy or Consulate in your country for full visa information.

The list of all Irish Embassies and Consulates can be seen here.

You can apply for a study visa if you are planning to come to Ireland to undertake a course of study for more than 3 months.

Please see below the Policy on Non- EEA Nationals Studying in Ireland

Visa Application

For a successful visa application, the following documents should be submitted. (Please note, other supporting documents may be required, and students should contact their local Irish Embassy or Consulate to obtain information on the documentation required.)

  • Visa application form
  • Student visa declaration form
  • Education documents from high school and university where applicable
  • English proficiency certificate such as CEFR, IELTS or TOEFL
  • Evidence of finances – you should be able to demonstrate that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to support your living expenses while in Ireland and be able to meet the cost of the programme. The Immigration office recommends student to have access to a minimum of €10,000 per year for living expenses. ****
  • Proof of Medical Insurance – Students are required to arrange their own insurance cover.
  • Proof of enrolment on the stated course.
  • Evidence of previous immigration and travel history.
  • Evidence of previous work experience.

***Education Bond Ireland
International Students that require a student visa to study in Ireland can now avail of an initiative that has been introduced called Education Bond Ireland. This will allow degree programme students to provide an alternative to bank statements as a method to verifying your finances to the relevant Irish Visa Issuing Authority. You can now make a bond payment of €10,000 which will illustrate you have enough money to fund your stay throughout your study in Ireland.

You can apply for your Visa online at AVATS (

Fees Information for Non EU/ EEA Students.

The Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences is proud to welcome learners from across the world  to its campus in Ireland. To support international learners, ICHAS has established a bursary specifically for International students. See below for the tuition fees for the coming academic year and the associated bursary.

Tuition fees and Bursary information Postgraduate programmes

Tuition fees information Undergraduate programmes

for further information on visa requirements in relation to financing your studies, please visit the fees section of the Irish immigration website




English Language Proficiency

All programmes in ICHAS are provided through English. For this reason, international applicants whose first language is not English, are required to provide evidence of their English Language proficiency, to access undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. We want to ensure that your English level is of a suitable internationally acceptable standard, to ensure that students can successfully complete their programmes.

ICHAS considers scores from such internationally recognised English Language test systems as IELTS, Duolingo, TOEFL, Cambridge First Certificate of English, and internationally accepted equivalent tests, at application stage.

For students who require a Study Visa to enter Ireland, recognised English language proficiency certifications, such as IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo or internationally accepted equivalent, must be submitted to ICHAS and to the Irish Visa Authorities as part of a Study Visa application. Failure to submit an approved internationally recognised certification can result in a visa refusal.

Level of Programme IELTS Duolingo TOEFL (iBT) CEFR
Level 6 6.0 105 – 115 68-73 B2
Level 7 6.0 105 – 115 68-73 B2
Level 8 6.0 105 – 115 68-73 B2
Level 9 6.5 120 – 125 80-85 B2

The following is a summary of minimum accepted English language test scores for our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.

All Non EU/EEA students are required to have private medical insurance when coming to reside in Ireland for the purpose of study. The private medical
insurance should provide cover for accident and/or disease and should cover
the student for any period of hospitalisation.

ICHAS have partnered with campion insurance who can offer a wide range of plans to international students for more information please contact Campion Insurance directly at 057 8630026 or via email

For guidance and independent information on health insurance in Ireland please visit

If you are from a country outside the European Union or Switzerland and come to Ireland to work, study, live or join family for more than 90 days, you must register your immigration permission with your local immigration office. please see video links below on how to register with immigration:

Registering with immigration (outside of Dublin)

Registering with immigration ( Living in Dublin)

Useful Links

Online Information Evening Wednesday, May 29th

Partnership with Parents with Jennifer Hynes

Our Courses