Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management
The Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management aims to provide participants with advanced knowledge and skills necessary to perform and support others in this emergent area of importance to organisational development and survival. The programme will introduce learners to critical areas of Leadership, teamwork, the principles of Change Management and an understanding of decision making for graduates who seek to have a more robust understanding of ‘leadership and management roles in work settings.
Award Title: Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management (QQI Level 9)(20 ECTS)
Duration: 1 Semester (12 Weeks Full Time) & 2 Semesters (24 Weeks Part Time)
Tuition Fees: €2,400
Start Date: September 2024
The programme comprises 20 ECTS and is being offered as a Minor Award. It will supplement existing academic and professional learning among graduates who seek to understand and utilise leadership and change management theories and apply them within work situations to optimise organisational effectiveness. It is intended that this embedded certificate programme in Work-Related Leadership, teamwork & Change Management (20 ECTS) will enable learners to act as well-informed leaders and managers to enhance participation and performance in work-related contexts. This Embedded programme will introduce learners to the centrality of leadership and management as well as understanding the processes associated with strategic decision making within work-related contexts.
The overall aims of the Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management are to:
- Provide an introductory postgraduate qualification in Work-Related Leadership & Management for graduates who work (or seek to work in) professional Work-Related leadership or management roles.
- Provide a programme which supports learners to achieve a comprehensive theoretical discourse and understanding of the key principles of Work-Related Leadership & Change Management.
- Support graduates to develop and apply theoretical knowledge around Leadership & Change Management to work-related contexts.
- Provide access routes to appropriate Higher Education for participants to specialise, based on their current professional needs, individual professional interests and/or career orientation.
Graduates would be expected to be able to critically evaluate the conceptual and theoretical basis for the application of Work-Related Leadership, teamwork & change management competencies. The programme will therefore help to address the needs of graduates who wish to develop their professional competence in these contexts and develop personal and professional capacity and collaborative problem-solving competencies, underpinned by evidence-based practice and reflection.
The timetable has been structured to optimise the utilisation of hybrid learning. It thus allows the learner to access classes in person or online to allow for a better work/life/study balance. This course can be taken over 1 Semester on a full-time basis or 2 Semesters on a part-time basis. (20 ECTS) at level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
|Name of Module||Mandatory/ Elective||ECTS/ Credits|
|Managing People in Organisations||M||10|
|Leading Change, Teamwork and Managing People||M||10|
This programme comprises 20 ECTS and is being offered as a Minor Award. It will supplement existing academic and professional learning among graduates of relevant undergraduate programmes, providing the opportunity for students to engage with subject material supporting
Who Awards My Qualification?
On successful completion of the programme, your qualification is awarded by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). QQI is one of the principal Irish awarding bodies for 3rd level education in Ireland and sets the standards for awards on the NFQ. Because this programme is both validated and awarded by QQI, the Award you receive is recognised in Ireland and internationally. See www.qqi.ie for further information.
Entry Requirements & Selection Criteria
- The Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management is designed for graduates of a relevant Level 8 programme at a minimum of a 2.2 standard) who wish to engage in further study in this field revavent programmes may include but not limited to designed graduates of psychology and business-related programmes, graduates of Humanities and Human Science such as health sciences, nursing, social care, social work and programmes in cognate areas who wish to expand their knowledge and understanding of the use, effectiveness and appropriateness of the principles of Work-Related Psychology.
- Those who have completed other relevant education programmes or have relevant professional experience etc., where Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) and Acquired Prior Learning (APL) can be applied, may apply for admission to the programme by submission of programme content, qualification and assignments equivalent to an appropriate Second Class Honours (2:2)award at Level 8.
- The minimum English language proficiency requirement for this programme is B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which is equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.5.
- All applicants will be required to have a minimum of ordinary-level maths at Leaving Certificate standard or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency in maths at this level.
- All applicants are required to be over 23 years of age.
- All applicants will be required to attend for interview to ascertain their suitability for the Programme.
This programme will introduce learners to critical areas of leadership, teamwork, and the principles of change management and an understanding of decision making for graduates who seek to have a more robust understanding of ‘leadership and management roles in work settings.FIND OUT MORE
The Certificate in Organisational Behaviour & Entrepreneurship aims to provide participants with foundational knowledge and skills necessary to perform and support others in this emergent area of importance to organisational development and survival.FIND OUT MORE
This M.A. in Work-Related Behaviour with Customer Relationship Management is designed to equip students with the fundamentals of organisational, personnel and human resource psychology. There is a particular emphasis on building and maintaining strong customer relationships to develop a customer centred approach to drive organisational success.FIND OUT MORE
This M.A. in Work-Related Behaviour with Entrepreneurship will allow learners to understand the principles of Work-Related Behaviour with particular reference to entrepreneurship. It is also designed to assist learners to develop a deep understanding of the relationship between successful business leadership and the psychological techniques and characteristics that thriving entrepreneurs possess.FIND OUT MORE
This M.A. in Work-Related Behaviour with Customer Relationship Management is designed to equip students with the fundamentals of organisational, personnel and human resource psychology. There is a particular emphasis on building and maintain strong customer relationships to develop a customer cantered approach to drive organisational success.FIND OUT MORE
This M.A. in Work-Related Behaviour with Leadership & Management is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills and competences to manage complex organisational challenges, inspire individuals and teams and drive meaningful organisational change. It will also provide learners with the opportunity to learn/explore and apply psychological theories.FIND OUT MORE