Certificate in Supporting Positive Parenting
The programme is designed as an Embedded Minor award within the Principal Programme titled the Bachelors of Arts (Hons) in Counselling & Psychotherapy and is designed for learners who wish to develop knowledge and competence appropriate to enhance parenting competence and knowledge of the impact of trauma in developmental and parenting contexts for both personal and professional development.
It is anticipated that the programme will be attractive to learners who hold a minimum Level 7 qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy, who wish to explore the meaning of trauma and its influence on development and parenting.
The programme will be delivered with an emphasis on experiential and inter-communicational modes of learning. It will facilitate graduates with opportunities to develop their knowledge, skills and attitudes of positive parenting to prepare them for working with parents in a range of professional contexts.
The programme will afford learners opportunities to develop knowledge of relevant theoretical and conceptual competencies required for engagement in supporting positive parenting.
Award Title: Certificate in Supporting Positive Parenting – QQI Level 8 (15 ECTS)
Duration: 12 Weeks
Tuition Fees: €900
Start Date: January 2023
Why choose this Programme?
The overall aims of the Certificate in Supporting Positive Parenting are to:
- Provide a Minor Award in Supporting Positive Parenting for students who seek to develop knowledge, competence, and awareness of factors that impact on positive parenting and in particular understanding the principles of trauma-informed care and the impact of trauma on development and parenting practice.
- Further expand learners’ professional development through the acquisition of factors that impact on positive parenting.
- Provide a programme that, through inter and transdisciplinary engagement, models best evidence-informed understanding of the principles of trauma-informed care.
- Demonstrate heightened awareness of theoretical and applied practices in a trauma-informed parental care context.
- Enable students to employ competencies that support positive parenting by creating and modelling transformative learning opportunities where learners can develop their personal awareness of positive parenting and respond with greater sensitivity to diverse needs within parenting contexts.
- Provide opportunities to engage in personal reflection to enhance knowledge and greater awareness.
- Provide access routes to major awards in Higher Education in related areas.
Participants take two modules to complete this programme
|Aim of Module
|Understanding Trauma-Informed Care
|The aim of this module is to teach students the key evidence necessary to facilitate an understanding of both recent and complex trauma and its impacts as well as the values and principles of Trauma-Informed Care
|Engaging with Parents in Professional Practice
|The aim of this module is to provide learners with an understanding of the importance of relationship-based practice in building positive collaborative engagement between parents and practitioners in order to deliver effective family-based interventions.
The knowledge, skills, and competence required to successfully participate in and complete the Programme are outlined below:
- Applicants are required to have a BA Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy at Level 7.
- All applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- Applicants will be required to have basic IT literacy, skills, and competence,
- For non-native speakers of English, a C score in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) or an equivalent IELTS score of 6.0 is required.
- Utilises “Blended Learning”
- Benchmarked against European Association of Counselling Training Standards (2015)
- Designed for learners who wish to develop support skills for parenting for both personal and professional development.
- Suitable for mature learners who wish to improve their parenting skills.
- Successful completion of this programme means the participant will have completed 15 ECTS on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Course fees are €900 which is payable in full in advance of course commencement. Payment can be made by PayPal or EFT.
The Certificate in Addiction Studies (Gambling) specifically aims to increase practitioner awareness and enhance relevant skills and competencies to engage with those with Gambling AddictionFIND OUT MORE
This course will introduce attendees to some of the skills and techniques adopted by psychospiritual therapists, explore the various philosophies that underpin clinical practice and provide.............FIND OUT MORE
Over 3 evenings the course will look at the background and key aspects of Internal family systems and how it can help practitioners to understand themselves and their clients more completely. It will have both didactic and interactive elements and will focus on how...............FIND OUT MORE