Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement
This newly validated Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement is validated by QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications and is 20 ECTS. The programme specifically aims to increase student awareness and enhance relevant skills associated with on-line/e-therapy practice. The programme is delivered by experienced lecturers who have both therapeutic experiences of working from an on-line platform and also the pre-requisite I.T understanding regarding ethical awareness/Data storage/Informed consent and therapeutic context within this modality of practice.
Award Title: Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement – QQI Level 9
Duration: 12 Weeks
Tuition Fees: €1,800
Start Date: Sept 2021
This Certificate programme in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement (20 ECTS) enables learners to critically evaluate the use and value of a range of forms of technology to facilitate and enable therapeutic engagement through technological means, and support practitioners to engage safely, effectively therapeutically and ethically as agents for challenge and change in their professional contexts through such means of engagement.
The programme addresses the needs of practitioners and graduates who wish to develop their professional competence in these contexts, and also develop personal and professional capacity and collaborative problem solving, underpinned by evidence-based practice and reflection. It also helps provide leaders in professional practice who are capable of engaging with and initiating necessary professional discourse regarding evolving means of therapeutic engagement.
This certificate programme is designed primarily for graduates in health and human sciences and in particular graduates of counselling and psychotherapy related programmes as well as, nursing, social care, social work, psychology and programmes in cognate areas who wish to expand their knowledge and understanding of the use, effectiveness and appropriateness of technologically enabled and facilitated therapeutic engagement.
Applicants should be driven by a desire to be leaders and agents for change; recognising the special contribution that technology can make to individuals, their families and communities in supporting individual wellbeing, recovery, thus enriching the lives of individuals and communities.
Structure of Course
Learners can complete this course over 12 weeks . The timetable has been structured to optimise the utilisation of online learning via Zoom and in person mandatory attendance for skills based workshops.
Learners have to complete four modules on this programme which amount to 20 ECTS .
The modules and associated credits relating to the Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement are as follows
- Theoretical Perspectives Module (5 ECTS),
- Skills & Competencies Module (5 ECTS)
- Principles of Technologically Facilitated Therapy (5 ECTS).
- Skills & competencies associated with Technologically Facilitated Therapy (5 ECTS).
What supports are available to learners
At ICHAS, every lecturer and member of staff is committed to excellence in education and professional practice. Each module has a Module Leader who works with learners to enhance their learning and will provide formative and summative feedback throughout every module. Each programme has a Programme Co-ordinator and in addition you will have direct access to the Programme Leader and the Director of Graduate Studies.
Who Awards My Qualification?
On successful completion of the programme, your qualification is awarded by (QQI) Quality and Qualifications Ireland. QQI is one of the principal Irish awarding body for 3rd level education in Ireland and sets the standards for awards on the National Framework of Qualifications. Because this programme is both validated and awarded by QQI, the Award you receive is recognised in Ireland and internationally.
The knowledge, skills and competence required to successfully participate in and complete this Level 9 programme will normally require applicants to have successfully achieved a Level 2:2 award in a relevant Level 8 Degree.
Those who have completed other relevant educational programmes or have relevant professional experience etc., where Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) and Acquired Prior Learning (APL) can be applied to the programme by submission of programme content, qualification and assignments equivalent to an appropriate Level 8 award at an Honours 2:2 standard, can also be considered.
Applicants will normally have a minimum of two years of experience in areas of relevant practice such as a helping or caring role, or related leadership or teamwork role. This could include experience gained in helping roles within undergraduate studies.
All applicants are required to be over 23 years of age and will be required to complete the Garda vetting procedure and all applicants will be subject to the College’s ‘Fitness to Practice’ policy, which is set out in detail in the Programme Handbook and on the website. These arrangements are in accordance with the National Vetting Bureau Acts 2012-2016 which species a statutory requirement for all learners on programmes that include placements.
- This Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement is intended to provide opportunities to learners who meet the entry requirements to combine study on Modality specific Counselling and Psychotherapy Theory with two 5 ECTS Modules on Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement.
- This Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement aims to increase student awareness and enhance relevant skills associated with on-line/e-therapy practice.
- The programme is delivered by experienced lecturers who have both therapeutic experiences of working from an on-line platform and also the pre-requisite I.T understanding regarding ethical awareness/data storage/informed consent and therapeutic context within this modality of practice.
- This Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement is congruent with the objective of providing accessible and flexible programmes to adult learners and has been designed with particular emphasis on the use of blended learning technologies to support traditional classroom learning.
- This programme supports learners to develop personally and professionally to enable them to achieve a Level 9 Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement.
- It enables learners to develop learners knowledge, skills & competence to an appropriate level of ‘Higher Order Practice’
- It allows participants to experience modules at Masters Level which are designed to build personal capacity, collaborative problem-solving skills and an understanding of the systems and context within which individuals may be best supported.
- This Certificate in Technologically Facilitated Therapeutic Engagement contribute to the academic advancement of those who wish to demonstrate the competence in their fields of counselling and psychotherapy or other fields..
This certficate programme is offered over 12 weeks.
A central component of the ICHAS vision is the provision of flexible and affordable education for all.
The tuition fees for the programme are €1,800 and there are payment options available.
All fees are fully protected under our Protection of Enrolled Learners’ Policy.
To be updated
Protection of Enrolled Learners’ Policy. All QQI accredited programmes of education and training of three months or longer duration are covered by arrangements under section 65 (4) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 whereby, in the event of the provider ceasing to provide the programme for any reason, enrolled learners may transfer to a similar programme at another provider, or, in the event that this is not practicable, the fees most recently paid will be refunded.
This course is specifically designed for HSE staff at Newcastle Hospital, Co.Wicklow. This course will support participants to enhance their knowledge around competencies and skills as Clinical SuperviseesFIND OUT MORE
This course is specifically designed for HSE staff at Newcastle Hospital, Co.Wicklow. This course will support participants to enhance their knowledge around competencies and skills used in Clinical SupervisionFIND OUT MORE
This course is specifically designed for nominated Psychologists in the South Eastern region working with the HSE in Community Healthcare. This course will support participants to enhance their knowledge around competencies used in Cognitive Behavioural Counselling & Psychotherapy.FIND OUT MORE