Awarding Body/NFQ Level
1 Year Full Time
2 Years Part Time
Mode of Study
€6,165 for 1 Year Full Time Programme
€7,165 for 2 Year Full Time Programme
For the Academic year 2020-2021 we are offering the M.A in Leadership and Management at the cost of €3,000 (Normally €6,165) for 1 year programme, there is a continuation fee of €1,000 if completing over a second year.
The Masters in Leadership and Management is interdisciplinary in nature, aimed at building an integrative approach to professional leadership and management. This masters programme is designed to support learners to develop the key skills, knowledge, attitudes and approaches required to engage effectively as leaders and managers in their chosen field. A strong emphasis is placed on research within this programme and learners are provided with an opportunity to explore, access and influence the future direction of current organisational strategies by using the skills acquired during the programme.
As part of the M.A in Leadership and Management programme, you will study leadership and management principles, strategic management, managing change and managing people, financial management, information technology management, customer care, quality management, evidence based practice and research methods. You will then apply these to the completion of a dissertation.
Combining both theory and practical skills, this programme is designed to develop your competency and professional knowledge to a higher level and to give you the skills to work as a leader or manager in your chosen field.
The fees are as follows
Full -Time programme taken over 1 year – €6,165.
Part time Programme taken over 2 Years – €7,165.
Students can pay in instalments but they will incur an extra fee of €100 for each year to avail of this facility. All fees are fully protected under the College’s Protection of Enrolled Learners’ Policy.
All QQI accredited programmes of education and training of 3 months or longer duration are covered by arrangements under section 65 (4) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 whereby, in the event of the provider ceasing to provide the programme for any reason, enrolled learners may transfer to a similar programme at another provider, or, in the event that this is not practicable, the fees most recently paid will be refunded
How can I complete this Course?
This MA in Leadership and Management can carry out this course on either a full-time or part-time basis.
The programme runs 1 evening per week (6pm to 10pm) and saturdays (9.30am to 4.30pm) over the 2 semesters September to December and January to April.
Full-time students commit to the programme for one year and complete their taught modules including the Practicum and Dissertation in that period of time.
Part-time students commit to the programme for two years and they normally complete their taught modules in the first year and spend their second year working on their Practicum and Dissertation.
Please refer to timetables for exact times and dates.
The programme is taught using a combination of classroom based and blended learning techniques. This allows the learner to access classes in person or using on-line facilities. In certain modules attendance may be a requirement.
Structure of Course
The Programme is divided into Modules each of which has Educational Credits (ECTS) associated with them. Each Module may also be taken as a stand alone Module. It is also important to note that students who complete 90 ECTS and who wish to exit the programme without completing their Dissertation may be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership and Management.
The course covers a range of subjects which when taken together provide a syllabus designed to develop competent professional practitioners. The subjects covered are designed to be both practical and theoretical as per the table below:
|MA in Leadership and Management|
|Leadership & Management Principles|
|Total Costumer Care|
|Information & Knowledge Management|
|Leadership & Teams|
|Evidence Based Practice & Research|
|Research Methods and Design|
|Total Credits – 90|
How will I be assessed?
The programme has been designed to enable learners to demonstrate their academic and reflective learning in appropriate ways. The assessment strategy accommodates different learning styles and therefore the programme assesses learners using a range of practical assignments, essays, learning journals, examinations, reflective exercises and projects.
ICHAS has always, and will continue to work closely with students to employ a range of assessment activities, and support students to achieve their best in each type of assessment activity. We recognise that many students may not have studied in a long time and we have developed systems and individual approaches to support students as they adapt to higher education.
The final year dissertation is a central part of the Masters programme and each student is provided with a supervisor for the entire period of their dissertation.
What supports will I have?
At ICHAS, every lecturer and member of staff is committed to excellence in education. Each Module has a Module Leader who works with students to enhance their learning and will provide formative and summative feedback throughout each module. Each programme has a Programme Co-ordinator and in addition you will have direct access to the Programme Leader and the Director of Graduate Studies.
The Dissertation and Practicum are central elements of the Masters programme. Each student will undertake these modules under the direction of an Academic and Practicum supervisor respectively for these modules.
Who Awards My Qualification?
On successful completion of the programme your qualification is awarded by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). QQI is one of the principal Irish awarding body for 3rd level in Ireland and sets the standards for awards on the NFQ. Because this programme is validated by QQI, the Award you receive is recognised in Ireland and internationally. See www.qqi.ie for further information.
Where Can I progress to on completion of the course?
On successful completion of the MA in Leadership and Management, students will be qualified to access Level 10 Programmes on the NFQ in areas related to leadership and management.
What are the entry requirements for this course?
To join the MA in Leadership and Management, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.2) at Level 8,or its equivalent in a related discipline. The nature of the programme allows for the consideration of candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Those with relevant experience will also be considered through APL/RPL. Applicants are also required to complete a short interview. All applicants are expected to be fluent and competent in both written and spoken English. In the case of overseas applications, students will have to provide certification of competency in English indicating a minimum score of 6.5 IELTS. Applicants are required to :
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Complete and submit the completed application form <download here>and provide all requested information.
- Complete an interview process, which is designed to explore your reasons for taking the programme and to ensure that it is suitable for your needs. ICHAS is committed to ensuring that the programme you are on is right for you.
- Complete the Garda vetting procedure.
If you have any queries in relation to this course then please contact the college on 061 216288 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org where we will be only too pleased to assist you.
Applicants intending to access lectures online must have suitable equipment and broadband access as specified on the blended learning information page.
This programme requires learners to participate in practice placements that will bring them into contact with individuals who have potential vulnerability and in which they will be required to assume a position of trust. In the interest of public trust and confidence, procedures are in place to ensure that only applicants who can demonstrate suitable motivation and characteristics are eligible for selection or progression.
Career opportunities within the business, financial services, education, healthcare, hospitality and sales and marketing sectors would be available to graduates of this progamme. The skills gained during the completion of this programme would allow graduates to work in any sector in leadership or managerial roles. The business and human resource skills gained would allow them to be in top positions within their chosen fields and deal with any of the issue that they would encounter during their work.
Even in challenging economic times, there are still opportunities for those focused on leading and managing within their organisations. In addition to this, the leadership and management skills developed within this programme are transferable at an international level, opening up further employment opportunities.
The M.A in Leadership and Management has many distinctive features that make it one of the leading programmes of this type. For Example;
- This programme is part of a suite of programmes that have been recently re-validated by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), ensuring the quality of its teaching and assessment strategies, programme content and quality.
- It is delivered by lecturers who are experts in the fields of study within the Programme.
- Recognised nationally and internationally. On completion you will receive the Europass Diploma Supplement in addition to your degree parchment.
- It is professionally accredited by professional bodies within the Psychological Therapies Forum.
- It designed to be affordable. Fees associated with the programme are significantly lower than comparable programmes in publically funded Irish Colleges and Universities.
- It adopts a Flexible structure, meaning that students may study at a pace and duration that fits in with their lifestyle demands – students may study on a modular basis or spread the period of their studies over a timeframe that suits them.
- It teaches topics that have a proven evidence base of effectiveness.
- It combines a well balanced match of theory and practice.
- This course facilitates a progression route to PHD and professional doctorate level programmes.
- It provides higher level education to increase employment opportunities for graduates in a range of different areas including; working with young people, women at risk of domestic violence, the elderly and those with mental health issues etc.
- It utilises blended learning approaches offering a flexible approach for all students through face to face and on-line learning.
- It is an Irish based quality assured Masters level qualification.