The Irish College of Humanities of Applied Sciences welcomes the following expression of intent from the Department of Health.
The Minister for Health invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the Counsellors and Psychotherapists Registration Board.
Candidates who are counsellors and psychotherapists are invited to apply
under one or more of the following categories:
- Practitioners of the profession(s).
- Managers of counselling and psychotherapist services.
- Persons engaged in the State in the education and training of
counselling and psychotherapist practitioners.
Please note that two successful candidates who are counsellors/psychotherapists shall also be appointed to the Health and Social Care Professionals Council as professional members of the designated
Persons who are not counsellors and psychotherapists are invited to apply to be representative of one or more of the following categories:
- The management of the public health sector, the social care sector or
- The management of a voluntary or private sector organisation concerned
with health or social care.
- The interests of the general public. The Minister for Health must
obtain the consent of the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation for
appointments under this category.
All candidates must demonstrate knowledge or experience, at an appropriately senior level, of one or more of the following:
- Corporate governance
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Change management
- Strategy development
- Irish healthcare system knowledge/experience
If you require any further information, clarification or guidance, please contact the College directly at email@example.com or on 061 216288.
You can also find out more on the States Board Website